Vintage Shoppe Marlette: 701-220-6311 Rentals Erin: 701-400-1018 Tours Larry: 701-258-5128 Buckstop Junction Phone: 701-250-8575
© Buckstop Junction 2019 Hosted & Designed by Computer Helpers Hosted & Designed by Computer Helpers
LEIN SCHOOL #2
STERLING RAILROAD DEPOT
This country school operated near Arena from 1906 to 1958. The school barn is from west of Mandan.
Built in 1885 to service the Northern Pacific Railroad, our depot is located beside our railroad track.
YEGEN STORE
John Yegen, Bismarck's first baker and grocer, began business in a tent. He built this store in 1877.
OAL MINE CAMP
Includes a power shovel, mine shaft, scale house and the Chapin building from near the mining town of Wilton.
FORT CLARK POST OFFICE
Built about 1910 by a lumber company, it served as a Post Office from 1917 to 1948.
FORT LINCOLN SERVICE STATION
Built in 1932 to service military vehicles. Ft. Lincoln is now United Tribes Technical College.
1ST STATE BANK of McCLUSKY
This 1905 wood-frame building, with embossed tin exterior, was an early McClusky bank.
CAPITAL AVIATION HANGER
Built in the early 1930's it held the first north - south air passenger line in the United States.
GOODRICH BARBER SHOP
This 1908 barbershop was one of the early shops in Goodrich, ND.
DRISCOLL BLACKSMITH SHOP
Built around 1919 by Ole Hatle, and later purchased by Ole (Lena) Olin. The shop contains a working forge.
FOLEY HOME
ANDREW MILLER FARM (of St. Anthony) MUSEUM
Built in 1910 as a warehouse for Bismarck Lumber.
"American Four-square", built in 1907 buy James Foley who is considered a poet laureate of North Dakota.
THE MOLBERT
THE GELLNER
Claim shack is from one of the earliest claims near Tappen. It was built about 1880 by a Swedish immigrant.
Home was built in 1906 near Goodrich. At one time it housed a family of nine! Built by a German family from Russia.
THE LEWIS HOTEL
BETHEL LUTHERAN CHURCH
Built in 1914 in Tappen. It contains a restored Ballroom and Bar. Downstairs is a model railroad.
This country church was built in 1916 near Coleharbor and contains original furnishings. The cemetery fence is from Dunseith.
Please call for rental information on the Lewis Hotel and Bethel Church at 701-250-8575 or click below.
NEW ENTRANCE BUILDING
NORTHERN PACIFIC CABOOSE
The Shoppe at Buckstop Junction. Vintage sales of items a available during April - December of every year.
Built in 1907 in St. Paul, MN, this 19 foot caboose was lengthened to 24 feet in 1910, as required by the Dinky Caboose law.
CHESAK SEED HOUSE, ICE/WARMING HOUSE, OUTHOUSES, FLANGER, FLAG POLE AND MUCH MORE! Please watch our website, community board & news letters for interesting events and future plans.
Buckstop Junction, located in Bismarck, ND, is an historic town established and designed by the Missouri Valley Historic Society (MVHS). The town stands on a 20 acre site at the Missouri Valley Fairground on east Main Avenue. The society was organized in 1992 to preserve the history of the Missouri River Valley and the surrounding area. This historic village contains actual buildings dating from 1875 to 1935 moved to this site by the MVHS. The buildings with traceable histories in the area, offer visitors a feel for the atmosphere of the Missouri River Valley during the turn of the century. TOURS : Scheduled or by reservation. VOLUNTEER : We have many opportunities and you are sure to find a way to help that you will enjoy. RENTAL : The Lewis Hotel and the Bethel Church are available to rent for appropriate functions. HARVEST FESTIVAL : Held each year on the third Sunday in August. DONATIONS : MVHS ( Buckstop Junction ) is a tax exempt 501 (C) 3 organization and your gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.
DEVELOPING BUCKSTOP JUNCTION IS AN ADVENTURE! LET'S ENJOY THE PAST IN OUR FUTURE! For more information please call 701-250-8575 or 701-223-4838 Mailing Address: Buckstop Junction PO Box 941 Bismarck, ND 58502-0941 MISSION STATEMENT This organization shall stimulate, coordinate, conduct and assist in activities relating to the preservation of this area's history.